you of course will have to remove the wood trim, then the bolts are right there.

ian board wrote:

A little while back I asked about a rattle on the shift lever. One of the posters suggested changing the bushing on the shift lever by unbolting the lever from inside the car and lifting it up for easy access.

I have the parts now and took a look at the shift lever, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to get at it without removing the center console. The rubber molding comes up easily , but I cannot figure out how to get the plastic frame with the shift gate out.

Is there some trick to it?

- Ian

1985 300D 253,000 mi.