You may  recall the saga of a balky (intermittent) blower motor on our 1985
300CD turbodiesel coupe.  Today, the blower was inoperative for an entire
hour and never came on in any setting on the ACC push button panel.  The
fuse was OK, blower motor was tested = fine.  I mentioned this to my
mechanic, who thought it might be a part that is only on the late (1985)
w123 cars - a blower motor resistor switch.  Part number is 1268202510  This
is expensive (over $100 from Rusty) so I won't replace it before finding out
if anyone else has had  this part fail.  Could also be on a  W126 car like a
300SD.

Andrew
1985 300CD