Races are replacable.  If the spindles are worn you will have problems with new
bearings.

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>

Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:03:45
To: Diesel List<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Wheel bearings cont...

So the inspection report says its the front wheel bearings. My wife says he
said the passenger side was the worse of them but both were bad. I wonder if
they're just loose, I need time to jack it up and see.
I'd done the passenger side last fall, could be I got them too tight but the
car has probably 4500-6000 miles on those bearings. Maybe 6500 on the driver's
side which my Indy had done. As I say both had failed badly before being
replaced.

I asked last time I went through this but nobody replied; are the bearing races
in the hub replaceable or would I need a new hub?

-Curt