Sounds like a bit of a newer car but good mileage. I forgot to mention that I have a 83 300D. Doesn't look to good but runs OK.

Manfred

Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 13:25:47 EDT
From: relng...@aol.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] consumption

> ...Went on a trip to Melbourne yesterday. Mostly 70mph. Got only 26 mpg.
> Course that was with the AC on and towing a small trailer (500lbs)
> empty down there and with about 400lbs on it coming back. Was hoping
> for better but I'll take what I can get....

I've had to make two trips per week (30 mile RT) from N. Seattle down to
Federal Way WA (no kidding, that's what it's called.) Thursday's average in
moderate 70mph traffic and 7-8 miles of surface streets, 25.1 mpg, not
Imperial but premium. 3 liter V-6, 7-speed trans, 228hp, 3550 lbs, drag number
0.25.

No trailer, though.

RLE