Ok, I didn't buy it from this fellow, however he is well known for importing vehicles from asia or europe.

The maintenance booklet had the date of the purchase in it as 1990, however Mercedes Germany upon asking told me it entered service in Jan of 1992, although it might not be the year it was built (huh?) So claiming it's a 1992 could be incorrect, still even as a supposed 1990 it is different from the USA 1987 version because of body cladding and perhaps other engineering changes such as the revised head that it has.