To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Letter from a Dodge Dealer

Rich Thomas wrote:
I worked for Enron, everyone lost everything, no bailout there. I managed to bail before the crash so only lost several thousand dollars of stock value that had been promised to me. That included people who worked there for 20 years, believed management, invested in the company, etc etc and in their 60s had nothing, zero.

As my management professor used to say, don't invest your savings in your employer. When your employer goes bankrupt is when you need your savings the most, so don't set up your savings to disappear at the same time your job does.

Mitch.