I don't believe the toyota has the speed sensor system, so the compressor is likely ground up.

Peter

On May 24, 2009, at 5:05 PM, Jim Cathey wrote:

I'm supposed to help a friend replace the 10PA15C Denso on his Toyota.

What happened to it?  Did it seize and the belt-saver
kicked in?  Mine did on the 190D, I 'rebuilt' it myself
and so far so good.  Zero cost, essentially.  See:

http://userweb.windwireless.net/~jimc/mb190d.html#20Dec2007

No point if the car doesn't have a belt-saver, because
it would probably grind itself into scrap before it
seized hard enough to stop.

-- Jim