My old car VINs and all the rest of the world (non-US VINS) have always been in numbers, not in any language, other than the language of mathematics.

Tell me, is this english or German?  110 110 10 225856

Some of my favorite series of numbers are 110 110 10 and 123 123 10!

At 07:41 PM 6/5/2009, you wrote:
I never thought about it but my '77's VIN seems to be in English. [cough]

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

> Wonko the Sane wrote:
>
>> Yea, but THIS one has a German VIN.
>>

> US standardized 17 digit VINs began when, 1981?
> Surely not by 1979.
>
> Mitch.

The young officer thought it very odd that his captain seemed to trust and
confide in his chiefs more than his wardroom, but mustang officers had their
own ways.
-- Tom Clancy, Clear and Present Danger.