It's 4wd with an actual locking center diff (not FWD or AWD).

I always wanted once since I was a kid and saw one in the junkyard. It was my car but my wife didn't like it so I traded it with my dad for his Volvo 244 Turbo. He lives in the northern Idaho mountains and uses it to commute in the winter when there's 2 feet of snow in the road. It drives like a sports car, but can easily handle 2 feet of snow! I love that thing, it's straight out of an 80s sci-fi movie with more useless gadgets than you could possibly imagine! Some of them even work! I removed the worn out air suspension and replaced it with coils from a station wagon- so now it has tons of ground clearance, but still a fairly stiff and body-roll free ride.

Believe it or not, it's 100% rust free and even the paint and interior are perfect. I bought it from a college student for $300 because it had a bad clutch cable, and he got in a fender bender and his parents said he wasn't allowed to drive anymore. The hood and fender were dented, but my dad found an exact paint match in the junkyard, so it's like new now.

Tyler

Mitch Haley wrote:
tyler wrote:
So does my dads 1987 Subaru XT Turbo. I wish all cars did.

Your dad drives a 22 year old doorstop? Oh yeah, you're in California so it's probably only half rusted out by now. FWD or AWD?

Mitch.