In a message dated 10/12/2005 10:03:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Marshall  wrote:
<< There are many
greases that will meet the specification,  but few are packaged in
precisely the correct amounts as the Mercedes  product is and few
mechanics, much less DIYers have scales to weigh out the  proper
quantities as is required for proper application. The design of  the
bearing assembly and the grease specifications allowed the grease to  be
pumped thru the bearing assembly as long as the proper quantities  were
loaded into the correct compartments.  >>
___________________
I replaced the front wheel bearing on a  124, last night. What a difference
that made!
It's now like a new car in  quietness and handling.
What is Marshall refering to by "packaged in  precisely the correct
amounts"?
Each time I've bought that expesive  super MB grease from the dealer or from
Rusty, it came in a big toothpaste  type tube that contained enough to repack
about 2.5 wheels. No obvious way  to measure each dose.
Does Mercedes also sell this stuff in one dose foil  packs or something?
Failing that option, I guess we could measure it  volumetrically with a
tablespoon or some such. (It expect the density of  grease is about 0.7gm/cc).
Also, where is all the grease supposed to be  placed? Where are these
"correct copartments?" Inside each cage, between  the rollers is obvious. And
I know the cover cap is supposed to contain a  measured amount. But is there
supposed to be some placed inside the hub,  between the inner and outer
bearings? These details are not obvious in the  shop manual.
Ned Klienhenz

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
oh man you have done it now you have angered the great mercedes  gods!!!!!
 forgive him ,,,he knows not of your rath oh keepers of useless  information

collins
1985 500 sec