On 13-Oct-05, at 4:27 PM, Marshall Booth wrote:

Mitch Haley wrote:

Katrina victims, flooded up to the armrests.
http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php3?t=136871

Run away from it!

Well there must be a few things you could salvage if the price was right, tires & rims? glass, some body panels assuming they don't have hidden spots, certainly lower engine panel, bumpers, Mirrors, front grill, air cleaner bracket... Hubcaps? I'm too honest, way more you could reuse, a door for example.... maybe the window motor would run who knows...

On the other hand for example I'm looking for a black burl walnut centre console storage box for my w124 to replace the busted one there I'd hate to find on ebay that some seller is passed off as slightly "used" and was soaked in sewer water for three weeks. {Mind I think it would look like shit anyway by then} I wonder if I'll start to ask what the VIN number of donor vehicle is, just to be sure.

John
1983 300TDt  358k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990 300TDt  149k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 168k Kilometers (mobil 1 0w40)