Bob,

The torque values for the diaphragm cover are *VERY*
small!  They are listed in inch-pounds, not foot
pounds.  I don't recall the actuals, but it is not
even hard hand-tight.  Too much torque will cause the
cover to act like a cookie cutter on the rubber
diaphragm.  Use the supplied loctite to keep it from
coming apart.

Good Luck,

Bruce