> Fmiser wrote:

> > Jim Cathey wrote:
>
> > > The sound quits when the brakes are moderately applied.
> > > The sound quits when making a moderate right turn.
> >
> > My guess is wheel bearings.
>
> Okay.  'tis the direction I am leaning.  But I'm also lazy, and
> is someone has already chased this goose.....

Twas the wheel bearing.

The outer one was obviously bad. Big divot out of the race. But
the noise was from the inner one - and it looked fine.

Anyway. Problems solved!!!    Well, that one anyway.  Still need
to do the hatch lift assist cylinders, ball joint, and figure
out why the transmission kickdown quit working.

--       Philip