Given the state of the Seattle schools, I would guess that the "state" is rather incapable of providing an education of worth to the bulk of their constituents. I grant there are a few who come out of the classroom ready for life, but it is few. Jr. College is just daycare, and remedial classes are near mandatory for attendees of state university who come from public education.

A pair of parents providing emotional, moral and educational support to the child will be better than depending upon teachers to guide kids. Schools are just warehouses for children until they can go on welfare.

clay