There were two incidents with high pressure ammonia transmission lines
(pipelines) when I was living in Tampa.

There was a line about 1/4 mile south of my house.  It was buried, but they had
manholes where they could access control valves and monitoring equipment.  Some
meth head who thought they could tap one of the valves and get some ammonia for
his lab got hosed in one of the vaults.  He lived, but probably wished he
hadn't.  He was severely burned and had major lung damage.  Add to this his
incarceration that was for a number of years for several charges and his life
was pretty much in the tank.

The second incident involved an idiot who rappelled off the side of a bridge
over the Alafia River, where another ammonia transmission line was suspended
under the bridge.  He was successful in breaching the line with a battery
powered drill, amazingly enough.  The resulting plume of ammonia that blew out
of the hole he drilled knocked him into the river, where he was picked up by
the local gendarmes.  The amount of ammonia that was released into the air
caused a massive evacuation of the area.

Another couple of good reasons why I am glad I don't live in Florida any
more....

Dan