I half paid my way through college buying non-running 80s Volvos for generally under $100 on CL, and reselling them in the $600-1000 range with a few days of work, and usually $50 worth of junkyard parts and rubbing compound put into them. I generally drove them while I worked on them, so it also provided me with transportation...

Tyler