I like to run DRLs on my cars too. On my past couple of Audis I
jumpered the fog light circuit one way or another so that the fogs
would come on either with parking lights or with the ignition
(different cars).

The fogs lights on the W124 would make a pretty good ersatz DRL.

So now the question is...how do you get the fogs to operate
independently of the low beams?

BTW, I haven't yet picked up my W124 so I'm still pretty much
clueless...

Lee