I agree.  I heard once that manufacturing a new car pollutes more than using an
older one indefinitely.

--- On Fri, 7/31/09, tyler <casi...@usermail.com> wrote:

From: tyler <casi...@usermail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] this cash for clunkers just makes me sick
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 6:47 PM

It really bothers me also. There's no way destroying a perfectly good car is
good for the environment.

I've also noticed that the EPA seems to have dropped the economy ratings on a
lot of older cars to make them seem worse, and hence get them scrapped. I think
all of the turbocharged Volvos from the 80s and 90s are rated EXACTLY at 18mpg,
when in reality they get as much as 25mpg. I'm a huge fan of these cars-
they're sheer reliability and durability is good for the environment because
they don't need to be replaced ever if maintained properly, and they're very
versatile and utilitarian. It's horrible to see them being scrapped without the
parts even being saved, and replaced with cheap crap that will end up in a
junkyard within a decade.

If anyone thinks the democrats care about the environment, I think they're
being misled. They simply use the environment as an excuse for directing money
towards big corporations.

Tyler