In the 4 MB's I've had ('80 240D, '81 300D, '87 300D and '91 350SDL) all of the manual/left side mirrors have adjusted horizontally/in/out in addition to up/down.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 126 manual mirror lubing?

Not much to report yet, I've had the mirror off and had the glass out and its *maybe* adjusted a little better. I didn't realize but the lever inside the car is only for up/down adjustment there doesn't appear to be any in/out adjustment in that arm at all... As is typical with my 240D EVERYTHING in there was dry and crusty. I shot some PB Blaster around and played with the adjustment screw but couldn't see that it was doing anything. I'm off work all next week so I'll take it apart again (I even had it off the car) and see whats what.

-Curt