From: "Potter, Tom  E" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Oct 17, 2005 9:36 AM
To: Mercedes mailing list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300CD left rear clunking

While the wheel is turning, look for it wobbling and listen for noises.
With an out-of-round condition, the outer diameter of the tire will seem
to move in and out from any fixed position. Hold something close to the
outer edge while the tire is rotating. If the tire seems to move in and
out more than 1/8 inch, you have an out of round tire. You can also
check the wheel for bends the same way--just hold something near the rim
while it rotates. Noises could be caused by defective wheel bearings,
dragging/damaged brakes, etc.

Thomas E. Potter
Telephone: (713) 215-2877
Fax: (713) 215-2551
Mobile: (832) 794-0536

Luther   KB5QHU
Alma, Ark
'83 300SD (happily running diesel/WVO mix)
'82 300CD slate grey, black interior, 152,xxx mi