> ...The Ford Explorer is the most-clunked vehicle of the program. I'm
> willing to sacrifice a few 420SELs for that....

Good point. A local TV station visited a Seattle dealer last week that had
taken in a bunch of old bangers and quite a few were Tauruses and a big
Cadillac was just limping in. One of those with the two inch wide taillights
the
whole height of the fender and the concave slab sides with the wheels six
inches in. The Explorer count was also mentioned.

I'm also wondering how many of those tattered old dogs carried liability
insurance.

RLE