To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT polishing plastic lights

Yeah, start with some wet/dry and go to like 3000 or 6000 grit, then buff up with some polish (or toothpaste ) They do have kits in the auto stores, but it probably just aggregates that kind of stuff.

--R

R A Bennell wrote:
The kits that I have seen appear to be some smooth wet sandpaper and polishing compound. I assume one might just use a drill or an air die grinder with a felt doodad and some different polishing compounds. Don't want to get the plastic too warm but apart from that I assume it might not be too difficult to at least improve it. Unless of course, the problem is on the inside. Not sure I want to try to disassmble the light itself.

Randy