Go ahead and order tumbler (comes with key); price is very reasonable, changing it is extremely simple and easy, and you'll know that you have a key for the "ignition" and may have a new one for the doors, too.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. Prud'homme" <pa...@yahoo.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Lost key on a 300SD, 1981

Rusty, I could certainly do that. However, to make matters worse I just realized that I forgot a piece of the puzzle. My son just reminded me that he had two keys, one for the door and the one for the ignition. We are assuming that the ignition might have been changed. What would your suggestion be? Thank you.

--PT