Jeez, Hendrick, you are coming across like a real goober here..

Kleb asked for the stories.

> ....The part I don't get is you whine about how unreliable MBs are, list a
> 100 or so faults you have had over the years but keep buying them,
> whether they where fixed under warranty or not doesn't come into it....

The hell it doesn't. By the time the warranty rebuilds the car, most of the
problems remaining are livable and not so annoying.

> ....I would have thought you might have bought another brand to avoid the
> weekly trip to the dealer to have your engine rebuild.....

The problem here is that you have yet to discover that there really is no
other car worth driving, despite all the grief, WHICH IS NOW OVER.

> .....So what is it Roger, are you satisfied with the reliability of
> Benzes and they have not left you sitting on the side of the road...the rest
> snipped as irrelevant twaddle.

Of course I am and that should be obvious. It's clear to me that anyone who
changes cars every 7-8 years pisses you off and I know the real reason why.
Get over it.

> ......Furthermore it has to be remembered that MBs are mostly made up of
> components made by outside companies, the auto climate control in the US
> W123 is a good example and you can't expect MB to be held responsible for the
> quality control of other companies...

You have really put your foot in it now. MB is absolutely responsible for
their suppliers' reliability. The most glowing example (screw those 123s,
that was penny-ante shit) is the huge amount of warranty costs spent replacing
electronic components in the early 203 and 211 models. Those cars cost MB
their worldwide engineering reputation and affected sales for years. Maybe you
missed that the CEO of that period was canned over the problem. MB did not
vet the suppliers of the new electronic systems in the 203 and 211
adequately if at all and MB has admitted it out loud.

But those problems are now over. The W221 and W204 models are coming in for
routine maintenance only for the most part and I know that the new W212
will also be very reliable. Many of the old components that cause problems are
not used any more. Fan clutches, AC compressor clutches, aux fans etc....
And torque converter drains are back. Brake pad life is 3-4 times longer than
in the '80s, flex disks are no longer an early failure item. No more vacuum
systems. Rack and pinion steering that doesn't feel like the W210's.

You better watch out before you bring on one of your spells.

RLE