I've been having thoughts about my 190D. That confounded rear diff is getting
mighty loud (can't really drown it out with the radio anymore) so I'm going to
have to do something.

I bought that car in the end of '05 and got driving it in early '06 (it took
almost a month to get a driveshaft from der fatherland). In the last 3 years
I've put something like 80,000 miles on it, its at 319,000 right now. I think
I've put 3 full sets of tires on and a couple more due to being late in getting
an alignment once or twice...

This nostalga makes me want to keep it... I need to find a place that can
correctly rebuild a 190D diff... I'm tired of this "good used" replacment.
Anytime anybody says "go get another used one" all I can think of is the $180
pissed away on this one. I'd rather pay $300 and have this one rebuilt with new
bearings and KNOW its good...

My 240D is a more complicated story because of 2 periods of ownership. I bought
that one the day before US troops rolled into Baghdad. Drove it up until I got
the 190D on the road (so 2+ years, maybe 40,000 miles) and sold it to my friend
Devin. Last May I took leave of my senses and bought it back (for half my
selling price) and have put another maybe 6,000 miles on. Its down right now
awaiting new motor mounts and oil cooler lines. I have zero time to work on it
(booked every weekend from now until mid October) so its got an appointment
with my Indy....

-Curt