I was out and stopped by the dealer yesterday for a look around.  Not an S
Class in the whole place!  The floor was full of extremes, but few middle
ground cars.  They had a tonne of C Classes, a bunch of Smart Cars, and then
the higher end stuff.  2 SLR droptops, one I think was 722 spec, but I
didn't look long.  The other one standard.  They had a "real" gullwing, a
Maybach, and an SL65 Black Series.  BIG wide fenders, not sure it would fit
in many garages. lol.  They were asking $325,000 CAN for it I think.  Not
sure how the price structure works with MB at the moment.  I hear the
upcoming "Gullwing" is to replace the outgoing SLR, and will be much
cheaper.  The SL Black was to be an interm model, but from what I've read,
the Black seems to be more expensive than what the new GW will be.  Maybe
they're just marking them up to give themselves lots of wiggle room when
dealing?  I think the standard SL65, if you can call it standard, is up over
$200,000 here.  The Black is muscular, but more tame in the flesh than some
pics imply.  First impression of it was, it reminded me of the days when
silhouette racing was at it's height.

All I ended up with was a new oil filter, and an iPod case from the
electronic shop next door.  Always fun to do a little window shopping
though. ;-)

Ed
300E