This is W123 240D and the hose from the screen is leaking.  Is that a
dealer part or can I cut the fitting and hose clamp new hose?

The muffler rusted out just upstream from the first resonator.  Noise
is gone now, as I put one of my rust bucket 240D on there.  My son did
the work as he has access to the shop & lift, and said that OEM
exhaust parts always last much longer than aftermarket parts.  The
parts off my rustbucket are OEM, so we should be good for a while...
after I get that leaky hose fixed.  Gotta get the fuel out of the tank
- driving it, then fix it.  Son also did the alternator bracket - the
alternator lower mount was all out of round and long bolt there was
almost worn thru - amazing the thing ran.  Rustbucket bosch alternator
is in there now, so again should be good for a while... after I get
the leaky hose done.

What about this beast? - I like it since it has a clutch.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1349826118.html
mao