Casey, the 124 and 126 units are totally different and not interchangeable.

Aaron, from what I understand, one of the connections on the early
diesel is supposed to see -12v while the early gas unit sees +12v (or
vice-versa). There was also a change from the early gas units to late,
as seen in the EPC... something like 86-87, 88-90, and 90-up
(approximately). I have no idea what the difference is there. If you
install an early gas unit in your diesel, I suspect either something
won't work right, or you may possibly damage something - but I'm not
sure what. I vaguely recall reading a post with more details a couple
of years ago but I can't remember specifics - sorry!

As for Armageddon, well, what with all the earthquakes, tsunamis, and
hurricanes in the past 10 months one has to wonder...! (Besides Wilma,
there was a 6.5 quake in Japan yesterday too; and the Pakistan death
toll is nearly 80k now.)

;-)

--
Dave M.