Weed tree here.  Eastern NC.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Robbins" <je...@msstate.edu>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT mimosa tree

Fmiser wrote:
I have enjoyed seeing friends mimosa trees, so I'm thinking of
adding one or two to my yard.

Beware that many people consider them weed trees since they grow so fast and proliferate pretty quickly, which is probably why Rich said to not get one.

Are there hidden pains, secret tricks, problems etc. regarding
having a mimosa tree?

Put them in the ground, fertilize them if you want, and watch them grow! When I bought my house in Jan of 2005 I wanted some shade in the backyard as quickly as I could get it. I planted two and they are huge now. One of them took off the second summer, and the other only really took off this summer. I don't have any complaints. :)

G'luck!
John