When restoring my 1970 280SE coupe back in 1992, I had the old Frigiking AC
blower unit removed and installed (but never wired in) a period Behr AC
purely for looks.  The AC system has been nonfuncitonal and devoid of freon
for the past 17 years.  A month ago I decided to wire in the Behr blower
unit, and had my mechanic charge the system, convert to R134, and test it.
He says the compressor is "weak"; I only get tepid air at all settings.

My question is whether merely sitting without running all these years would
ruin the compressor.  Everything else works (I of course replaced the drier
bottle).

Andrew
1970 280SE 3.5
+ 3 W123 turbodiesels