Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:47:34 -0400
From: tom tomscat <tomsc...@hotmail.com>
Subject: [MBZ] ChowdahQ and the W115 on ebay
To: mercedes diesel <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Hi Curt,

Yeah
I see that W115.  That's about 100 miles from me, but I'm keeping an
eye on it.  It may be about the same distance from you, btw.

However,
tomorrow I am getting another.... ummm... German car of a different
make.....  :) so I am in no position to buy.  I'm in enough trouble
already, trust me.

That injection pump issue may scare some
buyers away, though, so it may go cheap.... but the auction still has 5
days to go.  The W115's are great simple cars, Curt, if you want one,
you should grab it.  The 300D's are all automatics, of course.  Did you
see that he has it listed as a 6 cylinder?  So I am not sure how much
attention he's paid to it, especially since that's a green Roller
parked next to it.  It probably hasn't gotten his undivided attention.
You might get a steal. ..... and then I'd lose out on the cheapest
jalopy award at next year's ChowdahQ!!

Thanks again,
btw, Curt and Angie, for a great job on the event, and Kudos also to
Dwight, in particular, and Fred and the others who contributed the food
and camaraderie that went into making it a successful event.  Great
cars, nice people and ... well, New England weather.  Sigh.  Well, two
outta three aint bad!  Did I mention the food?  Great food too.

Thanks
for sharing the pics also.... although I was a little disappointed that
you didn't mention the name of your dog.  For all the viewers, you may
have noticed that there were two of us out there that afternoon in
yellow foul weather gear.  Curt and Angie's dog was the one in the
custom-tailored, flannel-lined Foul Weather gear. (Which looked....
Fabulous, btw.)  I was the other one, in the cheap, ill-fitting,
unlined rain slicker.  Oh, and I am the one NOT wearing a leash,
largely because my wife was unable to attend.

And I was
also pleased to have the opportunity to demonstrate the proper method
for shutting down an old Mercedes diesel.....  after one has blown
one's injection pump shut-off valve.  It's a vanishing art, but I am
doing my part to keep it from becoming a lost one.

:)

Tom Schuch

1975 W115 300D

and a bunch of feral BMWs

SE Connecticut

P.S. That maple bacon on the burgers was Dy No Mite!