I was struggling with getting one of my signal lights working as well.  I have
a 67 200D (pictures at:  http://picasaweb.google.ca/hamibob/Rolf67200D# )  I
also changed the bulbs and assumed that the new bulb was making good contact.
I finally discovered the bulb wasn't making a good connection where it was
seated.  I sanded down the contacts (it was the upper that I couldn't easily
see that was the problem) and now it is working fine.

Do you have a 12 Volt test light?  That is very helpful in knowing for sure
that the signal is making it to the bulb.  If it was working briefly, I would
say that the problem is likely similar to mine.

Electricity doesn't terminate at the bulb - it flows to the bulb on one side
connector, through the filament, making it glow and then out the other side to
ground.

  .....  Bob