crawl under a pick n pull car and liberate an example. Then go home and cut something out of heavy rubber?

On Thursday, October 20, 2005, at 07:13 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Howdy -
Got some bad news from Mercedes today. My '78 240D needs the control rod
that goes from the IP to the auto transmission. The bushing at the auto
transmission end has left the premises. Unfortunately, MB no longer makes that part available!! I find it outrageous that MB would stop offering the parts we need to keep their cars on the road! Especially when they make
such a big deal about the million mile cars they like to advertise!

So now I'm faced with locating a new bushing (I don't even know what it
looks like) or a replacement rod .

BTW, with the bushing gone, the AT shifts very poorly.  late shifts,
slipping shifts, no downshifts, etc. no fun to drive like this. I have a copy of the parts page showing the part if anyone might need to see it to
understand what part I'm talking about -- will fax if needed

Any suggestions??

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 78 240D - 123.123.12.050680)

A Blood Test for your oil - www.youroil.net
For Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil
Weber Carb Stuff http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
http://members.rennlist.com/my_911/Index.htm For my Paint Job Info