Undoubtedly but as an example A124's are making between AUD20-30K, there are 11 E320 A124s on that list or round about AUD200K worth.
What where they traded on? Modern junk that gets 20-30% better mileage?
I can understand old heaps pre catalytic converter days but in the main these are 'modern' cars, ie. electronic fuel injection, good aerodynamics, cats, etc
They are not 70's gas guzzlers.
Anyway we have discussed the cash for klunkers scheme enough.

Hendrik
with a gas guzzling 89 300TE

relng...@aol.com wrote:
.....check out some of the MB's that got clunked.  Simply unbelievable...

There are some listed that make you wonder but there are plenty of cars that people probably have just had enough of. Look at the V-12 1992 140s as one example. Lots of BMWs, too. Every car has it's own story, no doubt.

The number of Ford Explorers scrapped is the highest which is no surprise, both 2WD and 4WD. One 1997 Rolls-Royce and 13 Porsches, and not one 911.

RLE