Peter Frederick wrote:

There was a fatal accident in town a week or so ago when some idiot running from the police blew a light and T-boned a Cadillac (fairly new, I think) with a Ford Taurus and killed the driver of the Caddy.

If the pursuit was only going 60 or so, a list member survived getting whacked in the driver door of a W124 by a van at that speed not too long ago.

We don't expect good judgment from some idiot fleeing from police, but do we have the right to expect better judgment from the cops themselves?
http://www.examiner.com/x-15870-Populist-Examiner~y2009m8d11-Time-for-police-to-end-high-speed-chases