I would not put on a Jokohama tire if it was given to me along with a sack of money. Those are killer tires, as in they can kill you. Tread unwraps on new tires at 70 MPH and does serious damge to your car. In case you don't catch the subtlety of my post, you can call me and I'll tell you what I really think of jokohama. (pronouunced joke o hama)

At 02:24 PM 9/28/2009, you wrote:
From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu
I need new tires for my 300D. Seems I recall from a prior thread that "H" rated tires are actually correct. The sticker in the door frame seems to indicate an "S" rating is adequate. TireRack's web site is recommending a Summitomo HTR H4 (an H rated all-season tire) at $51 each, or a Summitomo HTR 200 (an H rated summer tire). Not to start a long debate, but does anyone have any other recommendations? I'm not shopping for snow tires now, but will get them later in the fall.
Marshall said he had good service from Yokohama. I've had no problem with them on the 300D but then I only drive locally on good roads and in Florida weather.
Gerry

Loren Faeth