From: "Mountain Man" <maontin....@gmail.com>

The fuse draws too much and gets hot and melts the fuse holder.
Anyone else with the same situation?  Does remote fuse with higher
amps work?
Thanks.
mao
Hi Mao,
If that's #8 (16 amp) on the fuse block, and it burned up because the fuse was not making good contact, you might be able to get a No.30-0.128 drill bit, slide it through the hole in the flexible connector below, and drill out a little of the plastic that melted and filled up contact hole. This drill bit is a near perfect match for the holes. Then you can cut off a 5/32" drill bit to the same length as a fuse and grind the cut end to a point. Then you can slip it in the holder just like you would a fuse and turn it by hand several time to clean up the contact area of the hole. A few layers of masking tape around the cut off drill bit will give you more leverage and make it easier on your fingers.

The fuseholder for one headlight on my '83 240D overheated and melted the plastic behind the hole, and I fixed it this way. Been driving it at night for several months since with no problem.

I've looked at several 123 fuseholders and all showed evidence of the top contact on No. 8 connector running hot even though they were causing no problem at the time.
Good luck,
Gerry