-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 7:29 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Finally did my 124 wagon hatch struts

I think I've had the parts on the shelf for over 3 years now, but got
the job done in 1 hour last night.  Unlike the 123 wagon, no special
tool required.  Only two real tricks.  (1) to get the struts in/out,
need to push the lift gate all the way up.  (2) Easiest way to install
the pins at the gate pivot is to leave the forward pins (for the body
connection) out and do those forward pins last.

Next I've got some new SLS spheres to install, and then I'm going to
start working on suspension stuff.

Max