Does anyone know what is in a 87 190 2.5 turbo which I will be parting out.

Bob Massmann
Oregonia Ohio

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:53 PM
Subject: [MBZ] More MB boards?

Hey gang,

I'm still searching (high and low) for a replacement diff for my '85 190D 2.2l. Cama says almost nobody rebuilds them since the tools are spendy and the replacement I put in hasn't worked out (its lounder than the one it replaced). The only options remaining on car-part.com are very expensive (one was $450).

So I put a post on Peachparts and a guy has one for a good price but its 3.23 ratio as opposed to the 3.42 thats in it... I'm worried about getting into a Jim Cathey situation where I lose all my low end. The Peachparts crowd is all about taller gears for better fuel economy but I'm not sure I believe thats gonna happen...

So, does anybody else know of free boards (like Peachparts or here) where I can post looking for a new diff? Alternately if anybody spots one in a boneyard pick it up and I'll reward you for your time.

-Curt