MEEE--YOW!!!!

--R

relng...@aol.com wrote:
...I find it hard to believe that D(whatever they want to call themselves now) would abandon the brazillian market. E85 is the thing there for years. It is funny that it works just fine for thousands of people, but not RLE. ReaLE? Consider the source.

Thank you for the uninformed and insulting post.

I was not referring to the Brazilian market. I have little interest in MB cars designed for the Brazilian market but I am well aware of ethanol use there. It should be obvious even to you that I live in the US and drive a US market car and therefore that is what I referred to. And to fill in that mental void you have about using E85 in anything, every single component that can contact E85 must be changed to ethanol proof which includes the fuel tanks. So, the only current US model MB so equipped was the 3-liter C-Class. My guess is the cost to modify the car (as a gesture to the greenies) for E85 didn't result in sales to people who would buy it just for environmental purposes. Similar to those who buy new Jettas and pay the higher cost of biodiesel.
I realize that on your planet, these things never come up.

RLE