All the diesels sold since the 2006 model year have an emissions
system that is incompatible with biodiesel. The particulate filter has
to be periodically purged by dumping fuel into the exhaust to bring it
up to temperature and burn off accumulated crud.  All manufacturers
except one have accomplished this by triggering an extra injection
pulse during the exhaust stroke. Unfortunately, biodiesel does not
fully vaporize. Some will pass down the cylinder walls, past the
piston rings and into the oil sump. There it polymerizes the oil,
turns it into a solid, kills the engine, and voids the warranty.
Caterpillar put an extra injector in the exhaust manifold and does not
have this problem.

If you have a 2007 or later diesel, I'd consider skipping biodiesel altogether.

-Dave Walton