[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It has been pointed out to me a few times that engine mounts can cause apparent engine vibration. How long do they usually last? I think the ones in my 91 300D 2.5t are about 70k miles old. I would have thought they would still be good, but ....

Thanks.

Kevin

The factory mounts usually last a LOT longer than 70kmi (but the aftermarket ones sometimes don't). Fortunately failure of the motor mounts on a 124 series car are easy to check objectively. If there is 1/2" (actually 13 mm) clearance between the notch and the chassis the mount is fine. If less than 1/2" the mount needs to be replaced.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)