hey, a lot of those clunkers are going to be a hell of a lot nicer than any
car i am driving.  i'm sure many others are in the same boat.  maybe some
people aren't really interested in whether the federal government in
principle approves or disapproves of a particular car being sold?  frankly,
the only thing that would ultimately prevent me from considering an official
"clunkers" car is the fear that the government will some day send a tank
through the front of my house in a massive crackdown of "clunker
criminality"  at this point, it would not surprise me in the slightest if it
is in fact some branch of the feds who is engineering these clunker sales
for a forthcoming "war on clunkerdom"

riddle me this, batman?  what are we doing in afghanistan right now other
than assuring  the poppy production that was so curtailed by the taliban?
if you want more "war on drugs" you gotta make sure yer gettin more drugs.
supply it on the front end.  fight it on the back end.  blame it all on
"freeway ricky" or some other negro du jour.  hell, you limbaugh freaks can
blame it on obama but i'll just say it was medgar evers who is to blame by
the "sudden shocking increase in heroin usage that has gripped our nation".

and then we can just buy the yahoos some more cars and guns and tanks and
jails and more jobs for retarded relatives and  sleep soundly knowing that
mr jesus loves us for our sound american strong stand on crime prevention.