John,

That pretty much mimics my experience. With relays on the H4 bulbs,
the bulb-out module is unhappy and triggers the dash idiot light. This
can be corrected by cutting certain traces on the bulb-out module, to
eliminate it monitoring the headlight bulbs. It never did monitor the
fog lights (don't ask me why). I insist on having the module function
for the rest of the bulbs in the car, though, unlike some people who
simply disconnect the dash light. I need to know when I have a brake
light, marker light, or turn signal that's out *before* I get pulled
over and ticketed for it!  ;-)

I'm also looking for a Gen2 AMG bumper for my diesel, which can accept
either fog or driving lights. Haven't found one used yet. They're
available new but the cost is more than I can stomach. The E500
already has bumper mounted fogs, and I have those tied in with the
city lights. I use these as DRL's, which works great and looks pretty
sharp too.

:-)

-Dave M.