In fact 2 different online parts vendors that don't post on here have shown the
bosal donut thing...

-Curt

Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:02:46 -0500
From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Exhaust leak
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

WILTON wrote:
> My 123s (80 240D and 81 300D) had exhaust system suspension donuts.

We're talking here about a ball and socket (donut and flare?) joint in the
piping near the engine, so the engine can move independently from the chassis
without bending the exhaust pipes.

An online parts vendor (not a subscriber to these lists) claims that the 240D
uses this in a pipe connection, which I was calling a donut for want of a
better
term.
https://b2b.bosalnafta.com/products/partsimages/BOS256002-1.jpg
Mitch