Gabriel S. wrote:
*I don't know if went through the first time...*
**
*Problem:*
 When running my car at operation temp I would hear a funny whistle at about
half throttle.
 *What I found:* The first thing i took off my car was the intake part that
goes over the valve cover from the end of the turbo (compressor side) to the
intake manifold. The reason i took it off was because I noticed oil was
leaking from one of the bolts over the valve cover. When taken off i noticed
two things:
 There was oil in the intake, pipe that runs over the valve cover and also
down into the compressor--is this normal or are the seals in my turbo shot?
Rebuild?
 There is an O ring that goes around the pipe on the compressor that seals
it to the pipe that goes over the valve cover, I am pretty sure that this is
the place where the whistling was coming from because i noticed that somone
applied that latex sealant over the O ring and when i reved the car up i
heard the same whistling sound so i assume that it wasnt sealed properly and
was letting sound escape. My question is: Why wasn't the O ring just
replaced instead of trying to fix it really quick...It can't be that
expensive for an O right....is there some other problem with this part I
should know about?
 Thanks!

The presence of oil that you report is NORMAL. Oil vapor is directed from the valve cover, through the vent line into the air intake, thru the turbo and into the crossover pipe. It is mixed with exhaust and the soot in the exhaust when the EGR operates. This oil soot mix coats the inside of the crossover pipe and the intake manifold. If the engine is run at optimal temperatures and under load most of the time, little of this mixture collects and deposits on the air pathway, but if the engine is rarely loaded (city driven or routinely driven short distances) this mixture collects and eventually the oil migrates through the gaskets (usually the crossover pipe joint and especially at the connection of the #2 air intake runner to the head and a lessor degree on #1 and #3). The solution is to replace the intake manifold gasket (redesigned to minimize oil leaking) and defeating the EGR.

I've never needed to replace the "O" ring, but you're welcome to replace yours.

I expect the noise you hear is from the exhaust manifold - there have been a LOT of reports of OM603.96 exhaust manifold leaks. They are a lot of work to repair. It may require only removing the existing manifold (a bit more complex than it sounds) and resecuring it, or you may discover that one or more of the studs have come loose from the head and need to be replaced.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)