From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 9:16 PM
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Gotta tell someone about this

After all my playing in the snow today...

Kid across the street parked his RX-7 on his parent's lawn (said "kid" is probably 25 and has a kid of his own) because of the snow (where he normally parks is where the snow goes). Now at 9:10pm he's decided he wants to go somewhere but his high-performance (or cheap copies of same) tires have NO traction on the 1" of snow and wet grass he's parked on and while the lawn is basically flat he's totally stuck...

Well actually he's stuck because he can't work the throttle less than halfway so he's putting too much power to the wheels and they spin. Now that I think of it with the big tomato can exhaust he's probably go no back pressure and thus no low-end power... Anyway its pretty entertaining to watch. So far he's twice gotten out and half-assed kicked snow away from the tires. Other than that he's just making noise and ruining the grass.

Ahh its wonderful to be reminded that I actually have some sense. From where I sit I can SEE the boards he could put under the tires for traction...

-Curt