Have you lubricated the lock cylinder with the MB spray lube?

Is the little chrome door missing which keeps (some) moisture out?

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of andrew strasfogel
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 3:08 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Chronic frozen DS door lock (W123 300TD) +
unrelatedpassenger side locking issue

The driver's side lock on my 1983 300TD ALWAYS clams up when the temp.
drops below freezing.  What is chronically wrong with the lock that it
always does this?

Worse, I can't unlock the car from the other side because the PS lock
plunger rises when I turn the key in the slot, but it doesn't "click"
open.
In other words, I can NEVER open the PS door independently, regardless
of whether its lock is frozen (it usally doesn't freeze like the
driver's side does).  Any ideas on how to approach each separate
problem?

Andrew 1983 and 1985 300TDs