Modern Seiko's are the best value in mechanical watches going. The movements aren't that pretty to look at, but they run forever, are very easy to service, and use state of the art lubricants. Unless you drop it from a great height or a truck runs over it, it should give decades of faultless service.

The older 6xxx series movements have slightly better timekeeping due to a larger balance, but ti's not impossible to get the 7S26 to hold nearly as well as a quartx watch!

I've had a number of them apart, and at this moment have two early 70's 6119 "parts" movements on my desk that were running, sans case, whien I got them yesterday. Very robust.

The only service I would suggest on an new one is that if you are left handed and wear the watch on your right hand, you should have a watchmaker invert the timing of the autowind rotor. This will keep the watch wound better, they are set at the factory to wind most efficiently stem down, and if you wear then on the right wrist, it's set at the least efficient spot, not the most. Otherwise, once timed correclty, it should run 20-30 years with no service, although it won't hurt to have someone clean and oil it every 5 years or so.

Rolex and several other Swill makes manufacture lovely watches, but you aren't going to get a working one for less than $200, which is about the price of a new Seiko in a nice case.

Peter