Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:38:16 -0500
From: "Donald Snook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Diesel prices are making me angry
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I filled up my wife's gas guzzling Ford Explorer 4X4 yesterday. Gas was
$2.13.  I also filled up my MB diesel and it was $3.35.  If I took both
of these on the highway and used 20 gallons. I could travel 400 miles
in
the Explorer and 680 miles in my benz.  At the cost of fuel, it would
cost me less per mile to drive the gaz guzzling SUV.  The cost per mile
is 9.39 cents per mile (fuel only) and 10.15 cents per mile to drive
the
benz.  I understand that the SUV is going to get much worse mileage in
the city and then the benz is going to be far cheaper. I also
understand
that a mix of the two, the benz might still be slightly cheaper, but
come on, if I want to take a long trip, it does not make sense to drive
the SUV.  Who knew that getting 34-35 mpg wouldn't be enough?

Donald H. Snook

From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed Oct 26 13:17:03 2005